The company abafi – HOLLAND began its journey in Brazil in 2005, named abafi – BRAZIL. Both companies intend to educate and inform the general population on pelvic floor dysfunctions, such as urinary incontinence. abafi – HOLLAND also educates and trains physical therapists and other health care providers on how to perform innovative conservative treatments for various health problems related to the pelvic floor.
abafi - BRAZIL exists since 2005 and has already trained many health care professionals all over the world. Abafi - BRAZIL has been active in South American countries, such as Brazil; in several European countries, such as France, Portugal and Belgium; and in several Arab countries such as Dubai, Qatar and Bahrein. abafi - BRAZIL has worked together with many professional institutions in this field, to assist and inform the public and health care providers.
Urinary incontinence and its various conservative treatments have been prominent and prevalent topics during the courses and conferences of abafi - BRAZIL. That is why urinary incontinence became part of the symbol of abafi - HOLLAND. The drop of water in abafi - HOLLAND‘s logo means the loss of urine. It also means a tear, because of the suffering and embarrassment patients can have when confronted with this health problem.
With the introduction of abafi – HOLLAND we will expand our activities in Europe. Based on many years of experience, which are developed with relevant associations and organizations in the field and in line with these activities, the objectives of abafi – HOLLAND are:
- To inform the general population on pelvic floor dysfunctions, such as urinary incontinence. This topic is still surrounded by embarrassment and shame. According to the World Health Organisation, it reaches up to 10% of the general population.
- To inform, instruct, educate and train health care providers how to prevent, diagnose, evaluate and treat pelvic floor dysfunctions. This can be established by using evidence-based lectures, symposia and conferences on techniques of re-education.
- To improve the quality of life of patients suffering from these health problems.
- To support the general population, as well as health care providers to implement feasible and (cost-) effective solutions for these health problems.
- To develop, publish and release scientific books, DVDs, appliances and articles that improve the body of knowledge and understanding of pelvic floor dysfunctions, its diagnostics, evaluation, prevention and treatment.
Dr Maura Seleme
Director abafi – HOLLAND
abafi - HOLLAND
Address: Leidenlaan 14
6229 EZ Maastricht