Check out the latest news on new research and discoveries in the world of pelvic disorders
PhD from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro – UFRJ
Coordinator of the Specialization in Pelvic Floor Dysfunctions for Physiotherapists in Brazil - Faculdade Inspirar
Director of ABAFI-Holland and ABAFI–Brazil
Project leader – Application iPelvis
Chairperson of the Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Group – IUGA
Pelvic Physiotherapist in Brazil, France and Holland
Specialist in Pelvic Physiotherapy since 2000 with several international and national diplomas
Teacher in France, Brazil, The Netherlands, Italy, Portugal, Colômbia
International speaker with lectures and courses in over 50 countries
Associate professor, head research Pelvic Care Center Maastricht
Department of Urology, MUMC+
Department of Epidemiology, FHML - Maastricht University - The Netherlands
(Co -) promotor of PhD students and project leader for PhD projects at the Maastricht University Medical Center and Maastricht University
Visiting professor at the University of Campinas, Department of Surgery, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Visiting professor at Faculdade Inspirar - Brazil
International professor and speaker in more than 80 countries
Author of over 20 book chapters and over 100 scientific articles
Co-editor and author of the book Evidence-Based Physiotherapy for the Pelvic Floor. Authors: Kari Bo, Bary Berghmans, Siv Morkved, Marijke Van Kampen
"One of the greatest achievements of my professional career was taking the courses in Maastricht / The Netherlands, promoted by ABAFI-Holland / The Netherlands. Courses given by excellent professionals Maura Seleme, Bary Berghmans with the collaboration of excellent professionals.
Here in Northern Brazil / Manaus / Amazonas where I live I didn't even know I had so much lessons to learn.
I felt in the cradle of pelvic physiotherapy, I felt important, a real and true International UPGRADE for my profession.
ABAFI-Holland, an impeccable course organization. Exemplary competent teachers"
International Course in Pelvic Physiotherapy (150 hours) - ABAFI-Holland – The Netherlands
"In more than 20 years in the field of pelvic physiotherapy, I could not fail to mention how the ABAFI-Holland courses helped me in this journey and success. In the time there was no specialization, we learned so much that it gave us possibilities to start this wonderful specialty that makes me very proud. We brought the courses to Belém, Brazil, and trained other colleagues. I highly recommend this high quality reaching for anyone interested in learning and growing in this area."
Master in Motricity Science Specialist in Women's Health
1. Understand the significance and structure of the different health care providers’s (medical doctors, pelvic physiotherapists, psychologists, etc.) assessment like history-taking, exam, classification, analysis & evaluation of female urinary incontinence.
2. Discuss and understand the level of evidence for conservative, non-pharmaceutical interventions for female urinary incontinence.
3. Discuss and understand the role of physiotherapy assessment in multidisciplinary models and algorithms for female urinary incontinence
1. Understand the significance and structure of the different health care providers’s (medical doctors, pelvic physiotherapists, psychologists, etc.) assessment like history-taking, exam, classification, analysis & evaluation of CPP and sexual dysfunctions
2. Discuss and understand the level of evidence for conservative, non-pharmaceutical interventions for CPP and sexual dysfunctions
3. Discuss and understand multidisciplinary models and algorithms for CPP and sexual dysfunctions
To ensure an adequate sequence in pelvic floor muscle training the concept of the 5 Fs, i.e., Find-Feel-Force-Follow-through-Functional training of pelvic floor muscles was introduced by Bary Berghmans, PhD MSc RPT, associate profesor.
Understand the significance and structure of the 5Fs concept as an innovative and efficient physiotherapeutic training programme for pelvic floor dysfunctions
Discuss and understand the level of evidence for the 5Fs concept 3. Discuss and understand the role of clinical practice, based on the 5Fs concept to treat pelvic floor dysfunctions
Este webinar nos ensina a entender melhor a avaliação funcional do assoalho pélvico baseado em evidências científicas. Você verá em 3 capítulos uma avaliação estruturada e em tempo real com uma paciente no consultório de fisioterapia pélvica. Um ótimo guia de estudo e reflexão da avaliação, levando a ideias de tratamento mais estruturadas para fisioterapeutas que trabalham com as disfunções do assoalho pélvico
This webinar teaches us to better understand pelvic floor functional assessment based on scientific evidence. You will see in 3 chapters a structured and real-time evaluation with a patient in the pelvic physiotherapy office. A great assessment study and thought guide leading to more structured treatment ideas for physical therapists working with pelvic floor disorders
Ce webinaire nous apprend à mieux comprendre l’évaluation fonctionnelle du plancher pelvien fondée sur des preuves scientifiques. Vous verrez dans 3 chapitres une évaluation structurée et en temps réel avec un patient dans le bureau de physiothérapie pelvienne. Une excellente étude d’évaluation et un guide de réflexion menant à des idées de traitement plus structurées pour les physiothérapeutes qui travaillent avec des troubles du plancher pelvien
1. Compreender o significado e a estrutura da avaliação dos diferentes prestadores de cuidados de saúde (médicos, fisioterapeutas pélvicos, psicólogos, etc.), como fazer a história, exame, classificação, análise e avaliação da incontinência urinária feminina
2. Discutir e compreender o nível de evidências para intervenções conservadoras e não farmacêuticas para incontinência urinária feminina
3. Discutir e compreender o papel da avaliação fisioterapêutica em modelos e algoritmos multidisciplinares para incontinência urinária feminina Nível sugerido: conhecimento básico, alguma experiência aconselhável
The Symposium focus on the ideal approach to integral care for the bladder and pelvic floor dysfunctions in a unique way. Besides anatomy and neurophysiology of the pelvic floor, the pathophysiology of a number of important pelvic floor and bladder dysfunctions, the symposium also pays attention to the interaction between the relevant (para)medical disciplines.
More informations about the program https://www.baryberghmans.com
1. Understand the significance and structure of the different health care providers’s (medical doctors, pelvic physiotherapists, psychologists, etc.) assessment like history-taking, exam, classification, analysis & evaluation of pelvic floor dysfunctions.
2. Discuss and understand the level of evidence for conservative, non-pharmaceutical interventions for pelvic flor dysfunctions .
3. Discuss and understand the role of physiotherapy assessment in multidisciplinary models and algorithms for pelvic floor dysfunctions
The company ABAFI began its trajectory in Brazil in 2000, called ABAFI-Brazil and in The Netherlands started in 2012 called ABAFI-Holland. ABAFI companies.
ABAFI Courses cross continents and become a world reference in training and updating courses.
Our mission is to inform, instruct, educate and empower, with the highest quality and based on evidence, health professionals in the prevention, diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of pelvic floor disorders and their consequences on the quality of life and daily activities of patients suffering from any health problem related to the pelvic floor.
2000+ students worldwide
100+ courses have already been offered in South America, Europe and other continents
+ 20 years of experience
20+ book chapters, 100+ articles, 100+ Education movies
Write a public review